Senior Illness Prevention
This site provides you with the information about senior illness prevention, how to prevent senior illnesses, senior illness prevention tips, preventing senior illness guide, prevent senior sickness advice, and more.
Senior health tips
1. Have all of your prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy to allow your pharmacist to screen for potential duplications in therapy and drug interactions.
2. Carry a current list of your medications with you at all times. Be sure to list the name, dose, and frequency of all medications, including non-prescription and herbal products. Share this list with all of your physicians.
3. It can be beneficial to take a short nap in the afternoon (30 to 60 minutes). This can help rejuvenate both the body and mind.
4. To help make your health care wishes known, be sure to complete a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care. Munson Medical Center has these booklets available (The Five Wishes Booklet).
5. Early detection of osteoporosis is important, but is often overlooked since people with the disease often have no warning signs before a fracture occurs. Subtle signs of osteoporosis include a decrease in height, posture that becomes stooped, clothes that no longer fit well, and back pain.